Friday 10 August 2012

Goodbye to Lucie

Wednesday saw us say goodbye to to Lucie. She had appeared one stormy day in May. As well as meeting the boat she has been keeping an eye on the breeding success of the terns. Shae has spent many hours in the small hide observing the birds. She also assisted CEH with their tasks around the island.


 

 Here are some rare photos of Lucie. She is normally the one behind the camera lense. She captured many moments on film this summer. We wish her luck working down in Yorkshire.


Also to leave was Everlyn. She was the last of the reseachers on the island. This left me with just a gang of builders. I'm guessing this hails the end of the breeding season on the island!

This weekend looks to be a busy one so I recruited Alan, one of the faithful Loch Leven volunteers to help me this weekend. I can't do it all on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment